Capital One Credit Card Online Form
Capital One launched a new mobile-optimised site. They wanted to improve their conversion rate
for their online form to apply for a credit card.
- Capital One put Formisimo’s technology in every entry field for the online form in order to collect data about user behaviours and gain insights into why people were dropping off.
- They monitored form conversions and pain points in the process across the different devices.
- Problematic drop-off on mobile devices for postcode because address appears in drop-down field
- Consent checkbox is too small for mobile devices causing high fail rate.
- Optimising the touch keyboard to specific fields improves the user experience
- Surprisingly the Quick Application form had a higher drop off than the longer main form
- Form failure was the lowest on Tablet, but the highest on Mobile